It had only been 5 weeks since I was last home in MN and Lillian has changed so much already! I got to spend a lot of time with her while Mom and Kim worked out in the shop.
After babysitting duties were fulfilled, it was on to Christmas tree cutting duties. My uncle Hermann and I went out to the woods to find the 3 vKB 2009 Christmas trees. We climbed the hill with knee deep snow to get to the trees we were looking for. We managed to find 3 great trees near the edge of the woods so we didn't have to drag the trees through too much brush.
Omi's house was our first stop. Hermann helped me set up the tree and get the tables in place. I was then in charge of tree decorating, table setting and decorating, and other random Christmas chores Omi and Gretel found for me to do.
That night, we had family friends, The Strauss's, over for dinner and tree decorating at Mom's and Papa's house. As always, we all enjoyed sharing stories from life's happenings since we had last seen each other at Christmas the last year.
Christmas Eve is finally here!
Doesn't the table look great!
After dinner and of course the pudding :) it was time to light the candles on the tree. I stumbled through the German reading of the Christmas Story this year. Thank goodness I have another year to improve, or just hand it off to someone else again.
Lilly is happily eating with Omi.
Last but not least, family pictures in front of the tree and...

the cousin picture with Omi on the couch.
Christmas morning is time for sweetrolls and the dogs being allowed in the house. Charger is usually quite eager to open his gifts.

Karl and Lilly with Kim's Christmas present, "Top Milk Producer" award from Land 'o Lakes. Karl's sense of humor at its best.

Christmas Day activities continued in Bellechester with the Majerus family. Grandma is getting some time with little Ryan while she catches up with Mike and Amanda.

We do a White Elephant Gift Exchange each year with the Majerus family. The rules on who gets to pick their gift first always change and this year
After everyone's afternoon naps, we were all at Mom's and Papa's to celebrate the December birthdays, light the candles on the tree, and of course to eat again.

The birthday boy got crowns this year.
After Christmas I got to meet up with some of my other favorite Minnesota people. Allison Schnese and I shut down Panera Bread one night in the cities and the next night a few friends from high school and I found a possible location for the next class reunion!
Now that Christmas is over, it is on to the next family celebration... baptisms.
No comments:
Post a Comment