Thursday, July 10, 2008

Deloitte Consulting Summer Outting

Last Friday afternoon we had a Summer Outing at a nearby lake. The afternoon was all about team events.


Event 1 : Swing from a rope and land in rubber circles with out falling or moving your feet. ehh, there were better events.

Event 2 : Flying Bridge. People on the ground pulled on ropes that moved the boards that were suspended about 20 feet in the air. one of our teammates had to walk across the boards. I stayed on the ground for this one.
Event 3 : Raft Building. This is the second time since I have moved here that I have built a raft. Our team clearly lost, but we had little Henry!


Event 4 : Golfing in the Woods. We were all given 6 irons and basically played miniature golf in the woods. Very, very strange.

The rest of the night we spent playing foosball, which the Germans call Kicker. I may not have done well at golf, but foosball is my game. Thank goodness for all of the practice at home when I was younger! I don't think they expected an American to be able to play so well. Just keep me away from an actual soccer ball.

Once again, another great event to meet more people at Deloitte.

No comments: