We arrived at the stadium 3 hours before the game started. We spent all 3 hours cheering, singing, and drinking.
Everyone was dressed in black, red, and yellow from head to toe. I had a gold shirt so I was close.
They let 50,000 people enter the stadium to watch the game on two large screens.
Me, Sabine, and Maggie. Stephan and Sabine took this event as an opportunity to introduce the Caipirinha drink to me. Rum, brown sugar, and ice. Now that is one heck of a drink.
I think Jan took the loss the hardest. What a great cultural immersion event! Even though we lost it was such a great experience to be cheering for our country. In the US most of us cheer for our university or professional team in our state. We rarely have the opportunity to cheer for our country.

2 comments:
Too bad about the loss but it must have been QUITE the experience! I'm so jealous :)
Great to hear that you're having an awesome time!
Talk about "football" mania, we were in Spain when they won the cup. Between the winning goal and the celebration in Madrid, you didn't even need to to be near a stadium or the parade because there was a crowd and a party around every television, wide-screen or not, everywhere you went. Amazing! Glad you were there!
Post a Comment